Today, we share with you a post from Kim Kline of Access Profiles, Inc.'s blog on small business and background check issues. Enjoy!
Unless your business is completely unique, you will have to deal with the reality of competition. Other companies will offer products or services very much like your own.
The question then becomes, How Can You Set Yourself Apart from the Crowd? I think the answer is to Become that “Go To” Person!
You need to establish yourself as “The” person that comes to mind when others need a specific problem solved or help in reaching the next step. When you accomplish that, you are now a “Go To” Person!
I have found 6 ways to help set my business apart. I think they can help you too.
Check out these Quotes to Inspire You and Get You Started:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." ~ Stephen R. Covey
- Establish Yourself as Someone who will Listen. Really talk with your clients. Ask them questions and then use what you learn to help them find a solution to their problems and concerns. Practice this and they will come back time after time.
“A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” ~ Henry Ford
- Be Available and Provide Stellar Service. In my business, I make sure I am available. I show that I am there not only for routine projects but also for rush jobs others may not want to take. I always focus on doing what I say I am going to do. Focus on service does not go unnoticed.
“Don’t treat your customers like a bunch of purses and wallets.” ~ Chris Brogan
- Show Your Customers that You truly Care about Them and Their Businesses. Make sure they know through your actions, not just your words, that you are not just in it for yourself. Put them first and you cannot fail.
“Genius is seldom recognized for what it is: a great capacity for hard work.” ~ Henry Ford
- Work Harder and More Passionately than Your Competition. Pride yourself on exceeding your client’s expectations. You will be rewarded for it.
“I have discovered that by providing my clients with the quality Background Checks they need, my business is completely in line with my values and what is important to me. This is my “why”!” ~ quote from my blog article “I Know Why I do What I Do!”
- Don’t be all Business. Show a little of your personal side to your clients. Let them know what makes you tick. I have found the best way for me to do this is through my blog. By reading my articles they know what I am all about and where I am coming from. I believe revealing a little about You adds depth to your character and helps your customers get to know you.
“Given the chance people will buy from people who care.”~ Paco Underhill.
- Be Known for Something. Find that thing that is uniquely yours. Pick something important and do that better than anyone else. This is called finding your “niche.” I believe mine is as a friend to Small Business. I have proven time and again that I realize their needs and will work with them, providing the quality they deserve. They know I care.
No matter what you choose to do, being a “Go To” Person will help you achieve your own success. I also think you will gain a great satisfaction in knowing you have achieved your goal to set yourself apart from the norm. I wish you luck!